Thursday, August 28, 2014

With Obstacles.....

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.

-Joshua 1:9

Business Life:

I will spare the photos on this one. Without a doubt, the most difficult sector in this endeavor is finding the right people for the success of this project. Normally, I write it off as culture shock when someone just does not make it here. Today, however, was a bit different. I joke around a lot about waking up every morning and wandering what catastrophe will come that day.

I went in this morning after picking up our newest teacher from the airport. She seems like she is going to be a great addition to our faculty at GE. I began working on her new schedule. Before I locked in some of the classes for sure, I needed a solid update from another one of the teachers who was scheduled to come down some time next week or week after. I called, but no answer.

An hour or so later, right before lunch, the phone rang. I answered and was introduced to a sweet lady who informed me she was the mother of the guy getting ready to come down to teach with us. She simply told me," I am sorry my son's face was bitten off by a dog and he will be in reconstructive surgery for the next 12 months or so, they are going to use the cartilage in his ear to rebuild his nose. He will not be able to make it to Brasil".

First, we should pray for this guy. I have never met him in person, but to have your face bitten off by a dog right before moving to a foreign country equates to some prayer time, I am sure. Secondly, it makes the scheduling situation pretty hard. If you know anyone interested in teaching English in Brasil, let us know. We will help with the legal visa process and transitional obstacles along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment